Getting the grove back, but I need a push playing in my head before I could move forward.
What do you listen to when working out? The mix should be motivating, it should be inspiring, so that you can do what you need to do. As a stoic, getting passionate about a workout is a big no, because this can lead to hubris, which in turn leads to me not accomplishing as much as I can. So the challenge is to be pumped without letting the push keep me from seeing the goal.
I keep this in mind as I build my playlist for my workout, and I think I made something pretty nice here:
- Eminem – Lose Yourself
- Chumbawamba – Tubthumping
- DJ Khaled – All I Do Is Win
- Run-Dmc – Walk This Way
- Fall Out Boy – The Take Over, The Breaks Over
- The Go! Team – Panther Dash
- Good Charlotte – Makeshift Love
- Imagine Dragons – Bleeding Out
- Royal Blood – You Can Be So Cruel
- The Score – Unstoppable
- Scott & Brendo – Somewhere
- The Script – Superheroes
- Simple Plan – When I’m Gone
- Smash Mouth – All Star
- Muse – Psycho
- Heavy Young Heathens – Being Evil Has a Price
- Tauren Wells feat. KB – Undefeated
- Walk off the Earth – Rule the World
- Eminem – Till I Collapse
I try to mix the tempo & themes just to shake up the rhythm and not keep me in a single pace. Of course the goal is to get pushed, and I’m gonna try this out tonight!