Monday Blogging post, brought to you by Steven Ottway. If you don’t know who he is, I suggest you check out his blog, he’s a writer with a very interesting repertoire. Anyway, he awarded me with a ‘Newbie Blog Award’ and this acts like a fun chain-blog, where you get to challenge other new bloggers into a test of creative questioning and scheduled feature writing. I think this is a great way to build a greater network of new bloggers to motivate them to build their sites.
If you feel a new blogger deserves this, let them know with a nomination!
Anyway, here’s my award.
Now let’s get down to the rules:
- Answer the questions set by your nominating blogger.
- Nominate FIVE bloggers who have not yet reached 30 posts on their blog or have less than five months of archived posts.
- Ask six questions of your own for your nominees and your nominator to answer.
- Choose ONE weekly feature to do and stick to it for a month or choose ONE monthly feature to do and stick to it for six months (or do both!)
- Add your FIVE bloggers to your feed immediately (if you haven’t already done so) and comment on their features.
- Remember to tack it to your sidebar so you don’t have to do a do-over (unless you want to.)
My answers for the six questions:
- Why do you blog? Why not? Blogging is an outlet for me, as well as a training ground for my writing. My Magnum Opus which I wrote when I was 11 is still unfinished, and I’m 25 now. Hopefully, in a few more years of writing I can finally get that novel published, but I’m starting with my blog.
- What is your main motivation in life? It’s all about reaching consistency for me. Consistent daily responsibilities, consistent career, consistent income. As of now, my life changes every couple of months, and I’m just seeking the stability. So all my efforts is geared towards staying still in various aspects of my life.
- Who is your favourite author? I’m conflicted here. But if I were to rank it according to books I re-read more often, it’s a tie between Robert Greene and Paulo Coelho. But with regards to writing style, I’m all Neil Gaiman, that dudes the awesomest!
- If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would you live? Dubai! It’s like a melting pot for everything I love in life.
- Do you think you blog enough? Right now? No. So many thoughts to type down, lately I’ve been having problems keeping my daily posts to less than 3 a day. I don’t want to be like those annoying bloggers who post 10 blogs with arbitrary topics. I want my posts to be relevant as well as engaging.
- (On a lighter note) Share your favourite joke. 🙂 Yo mama’s so poor she walks the street with one shoe. And if you ask her where did she lose her shoe, she’ll say: “No, I found one” ref. South Park
I couldn’t really choose five, but my nominees are:
- Mark T Reviews – Mark is almost a veteran blogger with more than a year of blogging under his belt, reviewing various stuff, and I think he should have more followers than he is getting. If you are reading this, and you like all things nerd, check him out.
- Rachel Read’s Ravenously – I just recently found Rachel while browsing Batman, and well she reads a lot. I’m still getting to know her blog, but anyone who reads comics is a must-follow for me. Especially when they talk about it from a non-commercial perspective. Anyway, if you like to read like you’re reading this, go to her profile and check her out.
My Questions to you:
- Who is your favorite non-mainstream comics book character?
- What is your favorite word?
- How do you start your day?
- How do you end your day?
- What aspect of nerd-culture do you hate the most?
- What is your least favorite question?
My weekly feature is of course Gotham TV-series post discussion, where I would be sharing easter eggs, character profiles and my opinion of the series as it progress in the season. During the season break after episode 8, I will be shifting to Constantine or make a feature game post.
I guess that’s it! To my nominees, please give some feedback, to my nominator, thanks so much! You like me right now! You really like me!